Saturday, September 14, 2013

About Simon Collyer


This site is for sharing thoughts and ideas on higher education as the industry progresses through a once in a lifetime change to technology time. By posting thoughts here I hope colleagues and I can explore, debate and enhance models and strategies. The opinions I express on this site are my own and do not represent the official position of any organisation. I currently manage technology enhanced learning services at a university in Australia. I have about 27 years commercial and higher education management experience.








My Studies
I've conducted a number of research projects on the problem of how to manage in rapidly changing environments. The first project was an analysis of existing research revealing suitable management approaches already available. In the second study I interviewed leading project and change managers around the world about how they dealt with dynamism. Some of these participants were high profile industry leaders. In the third study, focus groups were conducted with leading practitioners across many industries, in order to verify and expand upon the findings of the second study. Participants have come from ten different industries: defence, community development, construction, technology, pharmaceutical, film production, scientific startups, venture capital, space, and research. I have developed a continuously evolving theory on the management during rapid change.
Simon Collyer

No comments:

Post a Comment